Corsair Carbide Series 275R Case Review
We are back with another Corsair Case review. Today we have a mid-tower ATX case with a clean flat design, an edge-to-edge tempered glass side panel and great air flow with room for up to a 360mm radiator in front, 240mm radiator in the roof, and a 120mm radiator in the rear, the Corsair Carbide 275R Black Tempered Glass Solid ATX Mid-Tower Case.
A rugged steel case with full PSU shroud, intuitive design and tempered glass side panel, Corsair Carbide 275R Case is an upgrade to the Corsair's well known mid tower mid range case the Carbide 270 case.
We got the black colour variant of the case but users can also get the beautiful full white case. Now let's have a look on what features does Corsair 275R case have for us.
- Stunning Tempered Glass Window - Tempered glass side panel shows off your system in style.
- Clean And Minimalist Design - Clean lines, curved edges with soft accent lighting.
- Builder-friendly Internal Layout - Simple and intuitive internal layout enables easy and quick building.
- Versatile Cooling Options - Room for up to six 120mm fans, or up to a 360mm radiator in front, 240mm radiator at top, and 120mm radiator in the rear.
- Expansive Storage Space - Rugged-construction steel drive trays provide ample room for additional SSDs and hard drives.
- Built-in Cable Routing - Dedicated cable routing compartment enables effortlessly clean builds.
- Direct Airflow Path Cooling - Two included CORSAIR SP120 fans ensure cool air is directed to the hottest components, without any interference from drive cages.
Standard plain brown packaging with product image and few paragraph describing features outside.
Inside, two hard foam cutout blocks suspends the case and protecting from every corner and side. Box also includes guide, accessories and a hex-key to unscrew the side tempered glass panel for the 275R case
Top air outlet. With magnetic filter
Side of case have full tempered glass panel secured with four hex screws.
Tempered glass side panel don't have anything else to hold on with case except the four hex screws with rubber spacers. It is suggested to turn the case to its side on to a table to remove or reinstall the tempered glass side panel, removing the glass panel while the case is in upright position is very tricky and may result in breakage. Also want to add that the glass panel is not a perfect square in size so check screw holes alignment before reinstall the panel.
Bottom of case have removable dust filter for the PSU and big case feets with rubber base.
Case front plastic cover have bottom light hole with white LEDs powered by the motherboard front header Power LED pins.
Top of case support 240mm AIO or 2 x 120mm fans.
Being a compact design, case still have ample space for support upto ATX motherboard form factor and long graphics cards.
Front of case comes with one 120mm fan pre-installed and supports upto 360mm radiator.
Case also has a full fixed PSU cover with rubber grommet.
For storage we have support for tool free installation of 2 x 3.5" HDD drives and extra 2 x 2.5" drives can be screwed on to the tray panel. And the HDD cage is mounted via screws making it easy to remove if needed.
Case front plastic cover can be easily removed and fitted with magnetic dust filter.
|Intel Core i7 7700K
| Gigabyte Z170 Gaming G1
|2 X 8GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600Mhz
|Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD
| Corsair Force GT 240 SSD
|Corsair H100i GTX AIO
| AMD RX Vega 56
Installing hardware was easy and smooth in this case also as many other Corsair Cases.
The whole tempered glass made the case look good. Corsair H100i GTX AIO is installed in top of the case. Since this build is installed with low height memory modules the AIO is having a very close clearance with top of memory modules.
- Simple looks
- Nice Tempered glass side panel
- Easy hardware installation
- Great Air flow design
- Front 360mm AIO/Rad support
- Removable HDD Cage
- Full PSU cover with removable filter
- Decent Cable management options
- Hex key screws for Tempered glass mounting
- Tempered glass side panel have no support to hold on with case except the four hex screws
Due to simple design and contemporary interior the Corsair Carbide Series 275R Tempered Glass Case certainly will have a lot of fan following of PC builders looking for a unobtrusive design tempered glass mid tower case.
Case gives an easy to assemble experience with excellent air flow design. But the tempered glass side panel is secured with four hex key screws. Although screws are having a rubber spacer but why hex key screws instead of thumb screws. Tempered glass side panel don't have anything to hold on with case except the four hex screws so removing the glass panel while the case is in upright position is very tricky and may result in breakage. It is suggested to turn the case to its side on to a table to remove or reinstall the tempered glass side panel and every time one has to hunt for the hex key to open the case. Making regular case cleaning inconvenient experience.
Finally at a price tag of $105(approx.) Corsair Carbide Series 275R Tempered Glass Case is an elegant, minimalist chassis with tempered glass in side for showcase and or gaming PC build.